Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The way down


 Zac is holding a piece of Dortkilise which he wanted to bring home. I convinced him that he wouldn't be able to bring that through customs. I am touched that he wants a memento of the visit to Dortkilise. I'm sorry that he had to return it to Turkey where he found it. I don't have many physical mementos of the places I've been to, I have a lot of memories in the form of pictures.








It was easier coming down from Dorkilise, it was downhill all the way and we almost ran all the way. We tried to hitch but all the cars were full of family and grass. They have been up the mountain to cut grass and were hauling it back to their homes. We arrived back to Tekkale and found Cemil again who paid for tea and found a ride for us to take us back to Yusufeli. We had such a great day, one we'll not soon forget.

No comments: