Tuesday, September 27, 2011

China

Beijing airport, here I am, at 6am in the morning after flying in from Los Angeles. I left LA at 1.40 in the morning. It was a Sunday and there wasn't any foreign exchange on weekends. I found an ATM where I got some Chinese Yuan. Here is my next flight being readied for the 4 hour flight to Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang province or some might call Chinese Turkestan. This was my second trip to China, the first was to Yunnan province in the South, home to some of China's many minorities. Here I am on my way to the far Eastern part to see other minorities of China. I prefer the fringe dwellers of China, they are more interesting. Sophie wasn't able to make this flight, she was at that same moment desparately trying to get on another flight to meet up with me in Urumqi. I arrived in Urumqi at noon, she would arrive at 1 am. I was sleeping when there was a knock on the door. She finally got there. Sigh! I flew home yesterday but she went on to Hong Kong for the next few days.

No comments: