Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Cemetery

I remember years ago when I was visiting Romney Abbey and it's pamphlet said, 'christians has been worshipping here continually for over 900 hundred years'. Wow! Now that is some kind of church. I remember also being at Canterbury a few years ago visiting the cathedral and I know that christians has worshipped here for hundreds of years and are still doing so. I remember Canterbury cathedral while being Anglican has a little chapel where the French Huguenots have their worship service. I don't know that anybody else in the world cares about this little detail but me. St Mary's church is this kind of church and having grown up as an Anglican is very dear to my heart. When we came upon it, we first encountered the cemetery. It was such a beautiful and peaceful cemetery. I forgot to inquire as to how long that cemetery has been in existence, probably as long as the church has been there. Here one can really rest in peace.

No comments: