Sunday, February 28, 2010

Journals

I bring a lined exercise book for each trip and I write every night when we get back to the hotel wherever we're staying. I found it easier this way so I still remember everything. I was looking at my stuff and I found the jounral for our first trip to Sicily. It's packed with writing. Wow, I love Sicily, it is such an exciting place. It started at Los Angeles International airport where I was waiting for my AirFrance flight to Paris, from Paris I took Alitalia to Rome and Air One from Rome to Catania, Sicily. They were loading the AirFrance jet and I drew a picture of the preparation. I had a burger at one of the restaurants and I drew the wrapping paper. While there I drew a picture of Sophie's luggage, it's always too full of stuff. Somehow she can't seem to travel light. Being my own travel agent I made this circuitous way of getting to Sicily, 3 different airlines to get there. For some reason Sophie thought she could do better, she went a different way and we almost ended up missing each other in Catania. I arrived at 7pm and I waited for her, she was supposed to arrive at 10pm. She did but I didn't see her. Her luggage didn't come and she waited till all the flights into Catania stopped for the night before she left the airport. At 10.30pm I left the airport to go to our hostel. I went to sleep having no clue if I'll ever see her. At 1.30am, the owner of the hostel opened the door for her and I breathed a sigh of relief. We are to get on with the trip after all. The next day we went to the airport to pick up her luggage, it was stuck in Rome for the night.

No comments: