Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The window seat

 I looked aout on the deck outside my bedroom and see the rain falling on it. The only weather we get in Southern California is a little rain. Darn it means a day indoors. The plants in the backyard looked like they like it better than I do. At least something is enjoying the rain. It's time to pull up a chair, the big one near the window in the front of the house and pull out the books I've been wanting to read. Somehow there doesn't seem to be enough time to read all the books in my collection. I've bought more books than I've time to read. A rainy day is good. It's time to fire up the stove and cook up a pot of soup. I usually work in the garage but it is not heated so since I have broadband Internet connection I can work anywhere in the house......So I'm working in the sitting room. The window seat, the middle seat, the aisle seat..... somehow we don't want the window seat or the middle seat for long flights. We prefer the aisle seat because it is easier to get up, go to the bathroom or just walk around without bothering anyone. I always tell the person who has the middle seat next to me not to worry about bothering me if they want to get up. I pity them and I'm very sympathetic. I've known people who never got up from the middle seat for the whole ten hour flight. How the heck did they do that?

No comments: