Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Inside the kasbah



Do we really need all those stuff in life? All we really need are some cooking implements, some rugs, a mill and very little else. No TV or mobile phones or fancy clothes. Such was life in a kasbah. A friend wants to go to Europe in December and I'm trying to put together an itinerary for him. I looked at my old pictures especially the ones of Rome. If I were to pick any place, I would pick Rome. Not just for the ruins but for the works of art, back in the day where there was no TV, people sculpted master pieces, painted, wrote volumes of literary works. Wow, I read somewhere if only we'd turned the TV off, we would have written best sellers, painted great pictures and did a lot more. Today we are busy talking on our phones, listening to music (we could be writing music) or texting. Where does that get us? Nowhere! This is the inside of kasbah Ait Benhaddou. If you've never seen the interior of a kasbah, it is very interesting. This kasbah is no longer in use but there are others in the area which are still being lived in.


No comments: