Monday, June 14, 2010

More of Essaouira


As much as I travel, I'm still envious of other people's travel plans. Sophie's sister is going on a Mediterranean cruise and will be boarding the cruise ship at Le Havre, France. I've been giving her advice on what to do and I'm envious. A friend just returned from a tour of Holy places in Europe and I was envious. There are so many places in the world still left to be visited even after going so many times abroad. There's just not enough time. I'm working out the details of my next trip to Turkey and might post the itinerary on my other blog, 'travel the world'. I made one posting on it and I think I received more comments on that post than all the writings I've done on this blog. I think there's a real desire to know how to do it than knowing what's there. After I've finished posting on Morroco, I will do more 'how to do it' segments. Besides money, just some money, a little courage goes a long way. It takes courage to go out of our comfort zone, to travel in cramped airlines for hours on end and be in a place which is so strange and we have to try to get people to understand us.... reminds me of a little child who doesn't speak yet, crying and carrying on... It feels like that sometimes. Yet I continue to do it, I have a penchant for punishment. But how else would I get pictures of Essaouira? Essa...what, who cares? I do and I will continue this quest.....

No comments: