Friday, June 18, 2010

Way back to Marrakech

Traveling has taught me to be observant. After all why travel, unless to see things and be impressed by them. We could easily stay at home and watch the travel channels and the cooking shows. Going to Marrakech from Fes I couldn't take any pictures because the train was crowded and we had interesting people sitting in our compartment. I was able to take pictures on our way back from Marrakech to Casablanca which I will post later. Similarly I couldn't take any pictures going to Essaouira from Marrakech but on the way was a different story. The CTM bus we took going back was quite empty. The view outside is so absorbing unlike the views in Europe which is so standardised and boring. Wild flowers of every color abound and so does those Argan trees. Every where there are sheep and goats grazing. Road signs say 'Marrakech' this way, 'Agadir' that way. One day I will return and head down south to Agadir. I'm amazed that a little trip like this would opened up so many possibilities. We hadn't planned on going to Essaouira but we did. We didn't plan on going to Rabat but we did and will be the subject of future posts.

No comments: