Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Next stop Durham

I'm just reviewing here what I did last summer. I traveled alone for 3 months. Each day I uploaded my pictures and capture the trip almost in real time. So if you are just joining this conversation, search this site for the details. Before I took my trip I knew what I wanted out of it. One thing was English country gardens and a name popped up, Crook Hall and Gardens and it happened to be in Durham. I went to Durham to visit the grave of St Bede, an Anglican saint and the namesake of the church that I attend in Los Angeles. He is buried in Durham Cathedral. Durham Cathedral is massive and very beautiful. I was able also to pray at the tomb of St Cuthbert, another Anglican saint. Crook Hall and Garden is within walking distance from Durham Cathedral and it is very beautiful especially in June. If English country gardens are your thing then it is a must see. Its not huge but the owners have really made use of the space sectioning it off into various theme gardens. What a trip!

No comments: