Thursday, October 08, 2015

Traveling alone

I spent three months traveling alone this last summer. While it was a lot of fun, it was very trying and exhausting. I was in a new place every few days. Just as I learned to know a place, I had to up and leave for another. Sometimes it involved a new country which meant a new language, a new system and a new currency. I have enough different currencies in my house to start a money changing business. Every few days I had to make new travel arrangements, buy bus or train tickets, find a hotel or hostel to stay in. Booking.com and Hostelbooking.com were my constant companions. I get and still am getting emails from them regarding discounts. Sometimes during the trip I was able to take advantage of the discounts. I've been back a month now but I can take off at the drop of a hat if the opportunity presents itself. But I'm looking for new itineraries all the time.

No comments: