Monday, May 17, 2010

A Berber market 2

Recycling?These are root stocks of fruit trees, the stuff we get from our local nurseries. Houses are still being built from mud bricks and the weathering of these mud blocks created this interesting effect which is so endearing. In most of China the use of fired bricks have replaced the mud and I told my taxi driver to find me some houses made from mud blocks, there were a few. Here's someone who reads or maybe he's only looking at the pictures. Growing up poor I'm grateful to my father who had the wisdom to educate his daughters. Friends and family were so suprised when he sent me to college, we had nothing then and I was his eldest child. This is a very different world where women are not seen in the market place. The only women in this market place were us, the foreign tourists.

A last look back. Wow, that was something!

No comments: