Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hard work


We were in Cairo last February and our Egyptian taxi driver said, it was his first time to see photographs being taken with none of the photographers in them. Up till now all our pictures don't have any of us in them. Usually Sophie would tell me, 'you're in my way' and I have to move aside so she can take a clear shot without me. This trip to Morroco saw more of us in some of the pictures. I'm going to suggest that the next trip I would take pictures of her and she of me.
I was at work yesterday and I was closed to tears, my work is so demanding, physically, mentally and emotionally. I have these pictures to console me, oterwise I couldn't do it. But this is hard work too, sitting on donkeys and hanging out at places where we stand out as sore thumbs. But we love it. Why are we on these donkeys? There is a little stream that separate us from the kasbah, 'Ait ben Haddou'. We could roll up our pants and wade across but our guide told us to get on the donkeys who will then carry us across. This way we wouldn't get wet, it costs 20 dirhams each for both directions. Why not, anything for a photo op!

No comments: