Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Soganli valley

 The Soganli valley is quite deserted and remote. A trickle of tourists do find themselves going there, there are rock-cut churches there, some with frescoes. It is like a national park and we had to pay a small fee to enter the valley.
 Cappadocia is a vast area and Soganli valley is part of the whole, all this time we were only in and around Goreme and Ortahisar. So on our last day we drove into the Soganli valley and all along the road are the rocks that are pock marked with cave dwellings, now empty, and once was turned into pigeon houses. It seemed to go on forever and finally we reached the little village.






 We went to the house of a family which is also a pansiyon. There is a Turkish woman there whom Bernd likes and who also liked Bernd. There was some kind of connection there. Anyway there was a kind of excitement in the air.


It was interesting. She cooked lunch and we spent a little time there, we had a lot of ground to cover still and despite invitations to linger, the rest of us, me especially was in favor of moving on. I thought to myself, 'you guys can hook up another time on your own time and dime, not on mine.' (They were making goo goo  eyes at each other, and I thought to myself, Oh my Lord...') Anyway, we left after we ate. I paid the bill....

No comments: