Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stone carvings

 Notice the intricate lace work on this stone carving. It's amazing.



 Some kind of Georgian script.
I am always amazed at what can be done with stone or marble. It's incredible when Leonardo da Vinci or Michelangelo carved on marble and one can see the folds of a garment or the sinews of a lifeless Jesus being held by Mary on her lap (the Pieta). Here one can see the intricate lacework on the garment of a saint carved on stone. Wow! Can we do this anymore? The boys started to point out things to me so I can snap pictures of it. It's fun when they started to be interested and started to be involved. I sent them DVDs' of all the pictures I took during this trip. I took a lot of pictures of them so that they can remember this trip. Take lots of pictures, that's what I do for every trip.

No comments: