Saturday, July 24, 2010

Come ye faithful, have some sustenance

There were signs everywhere pointing the way to sustenance, not of the soul but of the stomach. This is truly a spiritual place of sorts, lots of modern shopping and eating. This lane is crowded with 'pilgrims'. As one climbs further up to the abbey, church and cloisters, the crowd begin to thin out. I guess there are actually less spiritual pilgrims. Nonetheless, this is a very beautiful place and I am in awe of the people who thought of building this and then proceeded to build it and it has withstood the test of time. Old churches never cease to amaze me. Just like old books that I still read, like the bible, tried and tested and still relevant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.