Friday, July 30, 2010

Objets d'art

Walking around Dinan I happened upon these cute scenes. It reminded me of the days when I collected things. I spent a lot of money collecting. Then the life I knew ended (my marriage ended), I moved out of state, moved back in state, moved here, moved there..... I had to take care of these collected things... it made me realise what a burden it was. Since then I stopped collecting things, I collect memories instead. These days I collect things that are more usable rather than precious. I was at the Santa Monica flea market this morning. I spent 0.50 cents on an illustrated cookbook, not for the recipes but more for the cute illustrations. I'm a sucker for illustrated books. Even when we travel, we go into bookstores to buy illustrated books of the place we're visiting. Now my collection of such books is burgeoning. I'm working on my own illustrations also..... when I have the time and energy.

No comments: