Saturday, July 10, 2010

La plage, Rabat

It was an incredible day to go to the beach. This is the beach in Rabat. It was such a gorgeous day, the blue sky over the blue Atlantic ocean. Rabat is actually so beautiful. This Moroccan fisherman showed me his catch, a few Octopuses and he wanted me to have the lone shrimp that he caught. What am I going to do with this shrimp? I declined it. We met an American couple from Pasadena, they had a few hours in Rabat, they were part of a tour group. We had the whole day in Rabat and even that wasn't enough. Someone at Los Angeles airport asked if we were going to Morocco as part of a group tour. We weren't, it was my itinerary, I made it up as I always do with all the trips I 've taken. He asked if we knew how to get around, to which I replied, 'yes, I have the map memorized'. I love maps, I read maps like some people read novels. I don't read fiction, I'd rather be digesting a map of somewhere. I was quoted on this by a cartographer (a map maker). Right now I have the map of Turkey memorized in my head.

No comments: