Thursday, July 15, 2010

The souk, Rabat

We walked through this covered market trying to find our way back to the train station. We would leave Rabat to go back to Casablanca for our last night. Then it was our time to fly out of Morocco and back to Paris on Air France. The thing about Air France is that all their ground staff in foreign countries are all outsourced. In Los Angeles, everyone is from South America and they don't work for Air France, they work for a contractor of Air France. In Los Angeles, you have to look for the supervisor, now that person would be a bona fide Air France employee. In Casablanca, though we were flying on a bona fide Air France aircraft, the ground staff were employees of Royal Air Maroc. They were the ones checking us in. Since we were flying through Paris, we thought we'd spend a few days in France before heading home. This is the last of my postings on Morocco. I might revisit it later. But the next posting would be about the French part of our trip.
I was going to return to Morocco next year but it looks like I am enamored with another place, Turkey. I'm investigating on a trip to Turkey. Sophie asked, 'you mean Sicily and Morocco has lost their 'wow' factor? Looks like it. It's very sad, 'we've become jaded.' I do want to return but not just yet. I've other places to visit and other people to see.....

No comments: