Sunday, October 16, 2011

Good luck charms




High on the hill is this temple and there were a few hundred steps leading to it. I lost the use of my right knee at work pulling in those 13 hour shifts on my feet. I decided not to climb, besides I wasn't interested in Chinese temples. I may be interested in Tibetan temples but I have to go to Tibet.... one day soon I will. I will climb over hoops for a frescoed church but not a Chinese temple. There was a small area where these red charms could be seen. They're Ok, I prefer those great big prayer wheels in Tibetan temples where there are lots of prayers written on the drum and with each spin, these prayers are sent to heaven. I love the prayer flags too, prayers written on flags and they are strung out on a rope and they flap away as if sending the prayers heavenward.

No comments: