Monday, May 23, 2011

Respite


 This thing is so old. It must be the only one in the whole world. The dough is injected into the hot mold and cooked.
 Wild walnut cakes, they're really delicious and makes a wonderful afternoon snack while people watching in the main square in downtown Lijiang.
Not your San peregrino or your Badoit but Chinese bottled water. Sophie collects water bottles. She's got them from Egypt, Morocco, Turkey, Sicily. She collects Coca Cola bottles too from all the places we've been to. I don't know what she does with them, I haven't seen them in her house. I think she throws them out eventually. It's just an emotional thing. She gets to keep them if she puts them in her luggage and checks in her luggage. She loses them if she hand carries them. I've seen the people at the airports throw out her bottles even though they're empty. I have asked her why but she doesn't have an answer. Again its an emotional thing with her. I said to her, just sketch them in your journal and you'll have them forever but no....she needs to have them.

No comments: