Sunday, August 23, 2015

Bath spa, England

 It was raining all day and when I arrived by train from London this morning, I didn't have anything with me, no rain gear since I lost my luggage to theft in Paris. I was drenched and looked like a wet rat as I entered the hostel doors. But I bought another rain pancho, my 4th this trip. Its going to rain the whole week. I didn't do much exploring but I did go on a free walking tour to get a better understanding of the place. Tomorrow after breakfast and before the tourist hordes comes I'll go around to take more pictures and go and visit some of the sights.



 I did attend a service at Bath Abbey. They closed it for services.

 This is the most iconic picture of Bath, the crescent.
 Things always get better with food. I had lunch at Jamie's deli, I think that means Jamie Oliver. I had porchetta and it was very good. It said its a Gennaro's recipe, the Italian cook who lives in England.
After the walking tour I was feeling a little peckish and I went to Patisserie Valerie for a spot of cream tea. The scones were very nice, some of the best I've ever eaten. I need to do high tea before I leave England.

No comments: