Thursday, August 27, 2015

Mousehole, Newlyn, Marazion, Cornwall

 An early morning bus trip to Mousehole, up or down the coast from Penzance. Most people say to walk to it, not I, my legs hurt and it takes up too much time.
 Its an OK seaside town, lots of self catering cottages, English people rent them and stay for a short time, walk around town and eat in the little eateries or cook in their kitchenette.

 A look of Penzance from Newlyn, another seaside town from Mousehole.
 Marazion is another seaside town. It is directly opposite the island of St Michael Mount, a place very much like Mont St Michel. At low tide people can wade across but as the tide comes in, we have to use the boats. I took the boat over and back.

I didn't go up to the castle, it was too much a climb for me but I did stay and wander around in the huge garden.



Lovely Marazion, typical English seaside resort, busy all summer.

No comments: