Thursday, June 18, 2015

Domkirken, Roskilde, Denmark

 The cathedral in Roskilde has an UNESCO world heritage site designation. The main church is unusual and very beautiful and almost 1,000 years old. The past kings and queens of Denmark all wanted to be buried here and there is only so much room. So they paid to have chapels added and though the whole complex is quite massive, it has a few architectural style because of the add on! Inside it is more like a cemetery for the past kings and queens of Denmark, each family has their own chapel and there are the most sumptuous tombs one has ever seen in Christendom!






I took the train to Roskilde this morning from Copenhagen. It was raining the whole day but it didn't dampen my day. I had my raincoat though I wasn't dressed warm enough.

No comments: